Holy Week in Mt. Apo


This is my second time to spend my Holy Week with the silent beauty of the highest Mountain of the country-Mt. Apo. The 1st picture was taken morning after we spent over night at the Apo's peak. Sunrise is always my favorite subject in all my photographs. With my flute, it makes more dramatic signifying my submission to the mother nature.
My trip was really more challenging than my last year climb. I and my colleagues were experiencing such an exhaustive and dangerous climb for we trek the evil trail- Sibulan trail. I called it evil trail since you will be experiencing lot of challenges ranging from river trekking,the ups and downs hill walk and the forest path finding covered with wild trees and unknown species as different levels of climate splash on the way. River trekking I thought is just a simple way of passing across the river but I was really stiffed as I watched my companions fighting against the current of the river. I even told myself Oh my God, shall I go for this test or shall I surrender? But my willingness to bind with God and nature overruled and gave me extra strenght to pursue what I have started.Thus, I succeeded the first challenge-the river trekking wet and exhaustive.
The second test is to climb the ups and downs of the TUDAYA hills where we really make "hingal"every 10 steps thinking that it is a never ending climb but then, when I and my friends reached the flat mode of the mountain, it was really a sigh of relief for at least it decreases tiresomeness. But, every time we took a glance to the APO's shape lying somewhere else, my knee begun shaking at unti unti akong mawawalan ng pag-asang ipagpatuloy ito. But, I got my special technique! I always put it to my mind that someone is waiting for me in the peak spreading his arms and ready to forgive all my sins-(GOD)So, I was always thinking that what I am doing is a sacrifice before embracing the glory of the Creator.

We spent overnight at the TUDAYA elementary school. That was so freezing and I could not help fighting my feelings against the cold temperature over there. How much more in the peak? The next test is to reach the small town of COLAN to register our names. Hmm walang challenge, sand storm lang naman!Hehehe. Our next night is in the town of GARUK-the favorite site of the most climbers before and after climb.The next day is the most tiring journey.We walked whole day from GARUK to CAMP TINIKARAN 1 and to CAMP 2. WAhhahaa..my legs were shaking that time and my breathe was not normal for I lost almost half of my air. How I wish I could rent a porter to carry my heavy loaded bag. But before I climbed this is what I promised to my self, I will not give my bag to the porter for it signifies the cross of Jesus Christ that is also according to the beliefs of the most climbers since it was Holy Week. If you could carry that load successfully, for me it was a great success. My back was even giving up but I just let the pain for it is part of my penitence.
Now, here comes the BOULDERS (wrongly called as borders) It is the biggest part of Mt.Apo where the rocks and sulfur stones are abundant. This part also is the most harmful and a single wrong step would drop you to death. Here we experience how rocks head and roots of wild berries are important. Rocks so that one can hold and wild berries para sa mga gogutumin. The unpredictable flow of the fogs adds to the challenge because one can hardly see his way because the fogs blurs the trail. According to the belief it is because the nature hates climbers who are so noisy along the way. Kinabahan nga kami kasi biglang umulan ng kunti.Akala ko dun na ako mamatay. But we still did it! Mga apat hanggang limang oras naming inakyat ang part na yun. The 87 degrees slope is the place that most climbers are afraid of because of its dangerous slope but, thanks to God we still climbed it without any harm. With great joy, we reached the most coveting part of all climbers the peak of our dreams the peak of Mt.Apo. Taking pictures is the easiest and effective means of documenting. BOULDERS. where rocks and sulfur are abundant
SUNRISE AT THE PEAK. Isn't it nice???

Comments

Popular Posts