Tortured God!

In the first place, I don't believe there is power in statues. I am a catholic but I don't agree with this idea of preaching. However, I still respect the tradition. Here is one that irony to the teaching I have observed in a charismatic movement here in Davao. At Bago Aplaya, just this day, I covered an event of Archdiocesan Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement for a documentary. While the Pentecost group executed their fellowship rites I walked around to have peace in mind to get a concept but I was distracted with these images. More or less 50 steps from the convention house, this old crucifix with Jesus head hang and a dirty Magdalene statue seemingly asking for help. So, I took a picture and relate to it. Is this what they called " a blessed images as instrument to talk with God?" I don't think so. Church is more political minded than politicians. Public servant became rich using power to manipulate and church leaders became rich by using GOD. No offense, this is only my opinion. Look at that, an abandoned statues. It is really a blatant indication of money making style. The tablets are stolen.Look at that, a hole with the table saying "Save yourself" What an irony. "Long Live King of Jews" tablets are damaged. So, this scenario push me to believe that stuff like this does not affect our faith. ITS WITHIN!

Comments

  1. Feeling nko noh, Adventurous kaau ka nga laki. keep it up! Lain nya ta, naa kay tagay sa akong blog.bisitaha nya pag naa kay time. God bless.

    PS: mao ni ang exact site http://gracearreza.blogspot.com/2007/09/7s.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts