The Last Airbender: They messed up everything!


The expectation was too high. After all the M.Night Shyamalan wasted films. I gave him a chance.

When the trailer was released months ago, my excitement to see my fav characters in the popular AVATAR: The last airbender was like tickling me every single day.

Last Saturday,with my girlfriend who is also Aang’s fan, watched the film and sadly deeply disappointed. Our frustration to Director M.Night Shyamalan has reached to hell’s hell.That deep.

CHARACTERS

Aang = The film failed to project the real Aang in the cartoon series. Ok, the powers and martial arts movements were perfect. The element graphics were made realistic. However, M. Night was too shallow enough in presenting Aang as weird and not-so-talkative child which is supposedly the real Aang was a childish,inquisitive and hyperactive kid! Even though confused of his mission in life, happiness and a jolly child still be seen on his eyes and actions.

Apa and Momo: The giant bison is one of the most important icons of the story. In the film, the flow of the story made me feel that Apa was like a roaring useless mammal that appears only as plain Aang's transportation from one place to another. M. Night missed the true Apa who can make the audience laugh and giggle for h

e is so cute and lovely one. I was waiting of Apa's air bending technique by using his flat tail. In the cartoon series, he usually fought with Aang using that powerful tail. Again, apa in the film was like Santa Clause who came when xmas. Predictable. My gf was also waiting for a total close up of Apa's face but there was nothing but a loud and annoying roar!Very frustrating.On the other hand,Momo was supposedly an established ally of Aang. One that can help him in finding stuffs and locate places. Sadly, momo was like a flying dengue. Futile character.

Sokka and Katara: It is Katara who is older than Sakka and who also stands as mother-like sister of Sakka. Why M.Night let the character be played by such a lousy and weak character. The actress Nicola Peltz didn't fit to her role. No spark. Far from the real caring and motherhood character of Katara. Sokka, on the other side, lacked power in performing Sokka's being indisciplined,noisy but the solution maker among the three buddies. He is nothing but a ridiculous trying hard copycat.

Zuko and Uncle: Zuko plays in the film well. Despite of the insufficient scar on his face (Zuko's identity) the Slumdog Millionaire actor Dev Patel saved the film. At least, I see Zuko on him. Uncle played well also but I just didn't feel his tea-addict feature with full wisdom on his words. He was plainly supporting Zuko. P.S. real uncle is always concern on his fat belly. In the film, he was slim. Tsk tsk.

Buttomline: Out of 10,to rate this, I will give 1 for this film. In 2010, so far, this is the most tragic and frustrating film I've seen. I will end my review by the statement of one of the thousands of disappointed movie goers at www.rottentomatoes.com I can accurately and completely review The Last Airbender by quoting my ten-year-old daughter's own thoughts on the movie: "They messed up everything"

Comments

  1. I totally agree! M.Knight managed to ruin another movie.. I hope the big bosses(PARAMOUNT STUDIOS or whoever it is) step in and boot his ass out of the movie industry cause he sucks balls!Grrrr!!!
    "Fire benders can't bend fire without a source.WTF is happening!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nieru...

    Nagkulang sila sa MANA...jaja

    I just can't figure it out why Neckelodeon allow such plot....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts