I won the Grand Prize during the DiscoverDavao Photo Contest!


My photos in the " 6-photo essay contest" bagged the Canon Powershot A480 digicam (as prize) adjudged by the international award winning photographers Jojie Alcantara and Rhonson Ng.
My winning entry in the 6-photo essay category.
Accordingly, these photos will be part in their future photo gallery and be featured in DOWNSOUTH magazine and website which are to be launched this April. I am so happy that at least, my photos received constructive critics from the real "PRO PHOTOGRAPHERS".


The feeling was so fulfilling because I took those photos with so much patience with discipline. Patience to wait what Rhonson calls it "The Magic Hour" and the perfect moment. Discipline because I have to wake up before the rift of dawn and dive to the not-so-clean environment. (Was my term safe?)
I almost missed this workshop. Buti nlang may facebook. Actually, I came so late and I missed the morning session. Being late was also the reason why I was just too close to win the 3-photo essay category. As per Rhonson Ng, "Sayang, isang middle shot lng sana..actually ito sana ang winner". I could have won the Canon Printer hindi ko naabutan ang lecture na dapat may establishing, middle and focus shot.hehe.. Well, another ALBERT , who is a teacher, won it and he deserves it.
My 3-photo essay entry.
I learned also the value of cropping. I could have won also daw as per Rhonson and Jojie if I were able to crop the image.Joints are very essential that should not be eliminated in a photo. I did it.Shame on me...hehe...But, at least the judge liked it. However, in fairness, to Olan who won the category, I love his photo so much. So lovely and very nice to heart.Hehehe.

The DiscoverDavao photo workshop was attended by photo hobbyists amateur and pro from Manila, Cebu,Cotabato,Tagum and Davao City. Jojie and Rhon shared their best experiences and photos to us. While listening to their tips, we were awed by their photos from their archives and award winning photos locally and internationally. This event is organized by DownSouth magazine in partnership with CANON and SKYCABLE.
"These are the colors of CANON---Rhonson Ng"

Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Albertology and FINALLY NICE TO MEET YOU! :)

    from: OLANOLOGY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots. Good job! Looking forward to see more of your photos here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Olan

    likewise...Super congrats din sayo...I super in love with you photo...hehe...

    c u around..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mikimoto

    Thanks so much...

    you can catch my shot also in my
    facebook alvertus@gmail.com

    or in my other site www.albertisement.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! :) Beautiful photos ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. @thesa...

    Tnx so much fashion facile....

    How's your ukay2?jeje

    ReplyDelete
  7. It went well... but I was hoping that the items were a lot cheaper. Ayaw magpatawad ng malaki e. hehe. Sayang wala ko nangukay atong December labon tag 15-50pesos ang mga ukay! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is so cool.Great investment you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! i love your photos, especially the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  10. super like it kuya.. keep it up! nice nice nice!!! thumbs up ko! whoaaa....!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts