5th Canon Kadayawan Photo Contest

Canon Mindanao  Operation Head Karen Joe Cabonce awards yours truly as one of the Top20 finalists out of 379 photos submitted for the 5th Kadayawan Photo Contest.



Photography has been my favorite outlet to alleviate myself from stress. Every image completes the puzzles of my day to day life. It grants me to see the other windows of realities.The other angle of art. The depth-of-field of emotions and the contrast of white and black.

Museo Dabaw
I started joining photography contest when I was in highschool representing Mati School of Arts and Trades during the Division School Press Conference until I was able to represent Region XI in National Schools Press Conference held in Cebu City. And I was using the Canon film based camera.

Until now that the technology has revolved and introduced the what is called DIGITAL, Canon still reigns the market prompted me to invest an EOS Canon  550D worth 100 thousand plus including mountable lenses and gears.

I believe I belong to people who have special eyes. A skill to perceive things in different angle with a cinematic view and that is how photography works. I have proven it to myself last September 20,2011 when 2 of my photos out of 379 photos made it top 20 as finalist in the 5th Kadayawan Photo Contest 2011.The top 20 photos are available for public viewing now in Museo Dabaw. 

Being one of the finalists is already an achievement for me.Photography is not the source of my living. It is just a burning passion within me which needs to be improved. No doubt, winners are coming from photography companies who have full access to gears and training. At least, I have competed against the pros and somehow I was able to be part of the top 20 winners.

This is my second achievement in photography contest. I brought home a CANON cam as first prize in a 6-photo essay contest during the DISCOVER DAVAO photo contest last March 2011 with the two respected pro-photogs Jojie Alcantara and Rhonson Ng as judges sponsored of course by Canon.

Indeed, photography is the mirror of emotions where time stops giving the naked eyes a chance to see the beauty and the dark sides of all things that keep our life moving.

Comments

Popular Posts