Remembering 911:Story of Heroism





There were 3,000 people in different races died after the horrible terrorist attack where 2 planes were hijacked and hit the twin towers. We have heard so many heart breaking stories from the family of the victims. But now, I have gathered some short amazing true stories from the people who could have died but were saved by the bell.


Robert Matthews from Nofolk, Virgina, narrated the following story to a local radio station two years after the terrorist attack.



“A few weeks before Sept. 11, my wife and I found out we were going to have our first child. She planned a trip out to California to visit her sister. On our way to the airport, we prayed that God would grant my wife a safe trip and be with her.
“Shortly after I said  ‘Amen,’ we both heard a loud pop and the car shook violently. We had blown out a tire. I replaced the tire as quickly as I could, but we still missed her flight. Both very upset, we drove home.
* * *
“I received a call from my father, who was a retired fireman of New York. He asked what my wife’s flight number was, but I explained that we missed the flight. My father informed me that her flight was the one that crashed into the southern tower. I was too shocked to speak. My father also had more news for me; he was going to help.
“I was concerned for his safety, of course, but more because he had never given his life to Christ.   
* * *
“Then something happened. About two months ago, I was sitting at home with my wife and my son, when there was a knock on the door. I opened the door to a couple with a small child. The man looked at me and asked if my father’s name was Jake Matthews. I told him it was. He quickly grabbed my hand and said, ‘I never got the chance to meet your father, but it is an honor to meet his son.’
* * *
“He explained to me that his wife had worked in the World Trade Center and had been caught inside after the attack. She was pregnant and had been caught under debris. He then explained that my father had been the one who found his wife and freed her.
“‘There is something else you need to know,’  he said. His wife then told me that as my father worked to free her, she talked to him and led him to Christ. When their baby boy was born, they named him Jacob Matthews in honor of the man who saved their lives.”
* * *
Robert Matthews concluded, “God is always in control. We may not see the reason behind things, and we may never know this side of heaven, but God is ALWAYS in control.”
What’s needed is a firm faith, believing, and trusting in Him even if there seems to be no rhyme or reason to certain happenings.
Osama Bin Laden has perished but his demonic events on earth are still hunting our minds,hearts and our wills. The freedom is still uncertain to realize since Bin Laden has been teaching thousands of black minds whose purpose in life is to dismantle Christianity and the power of the state.
Remembering 911 is a moment of reflection reminding the world to continue to fight against terrorism. I am just quite not so sure if Philippines, my dear country, is capable enough in countering such terrorism act knowing this country has been doing all its best in combating against the long-running rebel's organization (NPA).
For me, I have known the best weapon above all-- PRAYER. Holding on with the creator is the key to surviving the battle between good and evil.


Comments

Popular Posts