The 'Bourne' of the Philippine Legacy

Proud to be a Filipino.

While watching the film, I was eventually hoping that the Philippines will look attractive. In all fairness, the film didn't frustrate me in framing the country.

The Bourne Legacy is the 4th "Bourne" film series being preceded by The Bourne Identity (2002) , The Bourne Supremacy (2004),and The Bourne Ultimatum (2007). This film has new hero. The plot is all different after director Tony Gilroy accepted the challenge to continue the bourne film.

Matt Damon was supposed to be the original hero of the Legacy since the Ultimatum  was a huge success. But when Director Paul Greengrass didn't show any interest to make another series Matt Damon refused the offer of Gilroy. Anyway, I will not talk much about some technicalities happened before the Legacy was born.

I  gathered my thoughts after watching our very own Manila on big screen shot by a 'Hollywood' film outfit. One crazy thought came out was a realization that our policemen could really act better than veteran actor John Arcilla. I am sorry but John didn't satisfy me.

I would give my clap clap to the responding policemen who acted so fast, no "kemy', realistic and drove their motorcycles professionally. At least the world will see the brighter side of our policemen although, on films, policemen are the first men to fall during fights scenes.

Ninoy Aquino International Airport. I laughed out loud in this part as Jeremy Renner and Rachel Weisz arrived in NAIA and successfully passed the immigration with their fake docs. In the film, the CIA could hardly find Jeremy and Rachel because there were no clear connections between them and the airport's command center-- NO CCTV. Hahaha... It reminded me of the TULFO-BARRETO-SANTIAGO brawl.

Not bad for the first time. Bystanders, kids and other local folks who played as background ( who do the shouting, reacting and all in 2 seconds) did their best. The road scene was also perfect. The set was so realistic as its cinematography gave life to the 'chasing' scenes. Nakaka proud.

PLOT?  VEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeerrrrryyyy Poooooooor!

Had it not been for the Philippines, no one will watch it. The way they market it? I will not bother to discover more of that Blackbriar operations. The story tried to inject its viewers the suspense factor like the other time-attack films. It didn't give me even a single chill. My nerves were bored. Because of the Philippines, my eyes didn't close for it. ( ZZZzzzz).

If I were to rate this film 2 out of 10. ( The 2 points will go to the person who thought Philippines as one of the countries to be shot for Bourne)

P.S.

PALAWAN looked so stunning! (Extro)


Comments

Popular Posts